Interviewing someone on camera is an art form in itself. At some point in your career you’ll end up interviewing someone, somewhere. Here are the tactics I use for my interviews. Keep in mind, I’m still learning myself, but the point is the learn and adapt throughout your career as I continue to do.
Here are a couple of my documentary style videos that I’ve created for my clients.
Endorsement video created for Tyent USA featuring Ventriloquist Terry Fator, winner of America’s Got Talent in 2007. Terry now headlines in Vegas at the Mirage hotel.
Short marketing doc I shot for Tyent USA featuring Kamaru Usman, The Nigerian Nightmare, Welter Weight UFC fighter.
* Deadline August 6th
- Interview a random friend. Try and find a specific story that you’d like to tell about them.
- Record both sides of the conversation. You can also use one camera and have both the interviewer & interviewee in the same shot.
- Submit your link entires to FILMSCHOOLIG@GMAIL.COM.
Winners will be announced on August 7th. Can’t wait to see your submissions.
Gear used for this episode:
- Camera – Sony a6300
- Lens – Sony 20mm f/2.8
- Microphone – Rode Broadcaster
- Mixer – Zoom H6
- Headphones – Bose SoundLink Wireless Headphones II
- Light – Dracast SoftRay LED 400
Follow Ariel on Instagram – instagram.com/arielmartinez.tv
Follow Ariel on Facebook – facebook.com/arielmartinezfilms