We discuss the many ways to find value in projects, other than monetary. We understand that this is quite difficult considering that many of you are beginning filmmakers, but our hope with this episode, is that you’re provided with accurate information to make wise decisions when entering into an agreement with a potential project. Also, The new DJI Zenmuse X7 camera and all it’s glory!
DJI Zenmuse X7 (click here for more info)
- 14 stops of dynamic range (measured by the manufacturer)
- DJI DL-Mount optimized for prime lenses
- 6K CinemaDNG RAW 12-bit, or 5.2K Apple ProRes up to 30fps.
- 3.9K CinemaDNG RAW or 2.7K Apple ProRes up to 59.94fps.
- Prime lenses in 16mm, 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, carbon fibre construction.
- Maximum aperture of F/2.8.
- Dedicated ND 4 stages filter in the 16mm lens.
- The 16mm lens features a built in 4 stages ND filter, while the other lenses have a filter thread to use existing ND filters from their existing line of lenses.
- Mechanical shutter in the 24mm, 35mm, 50mm lenses.
- New D-Log Curve and D-Gamut RGB profiles.
- Up to 23 minutes flying time when mounted onto the DJI Inspire 2.
- Price: $2700
Voiglander Nokton 40mm f/1.2 for Sony E-Mount (click here for more info)
- Full frame
- De-clickable aperture (smooth aperture transitions)
- Price: $1,200
Gear used for this episode:
- Camera – Sony a6300
- Lens – Sony 20mm f/2.8
- Microphone – Rode Broadcaster
- Mixer – Zoom H6
- Headphones – Bose SoundLink Wireless Headphones II
- Light – Dracast SoftRay LED 400
Follow Ariel on Instagram – instagram.com/arielmartinez.tv
Follow Ariel on Facebook – facebook.com/arielmartinezfilms
Subscribe to the Podcast